When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 26, 2011

Temptations..............

Texas Road House is a great temptation. Mmmmmmmm, love the place. Even though at times it is a bit disconcerting when the employee's start yip-pin it up whilst getting ready to sing happy birthday to some poor slob. I know that is the only way to get a free piece of cake I am not a Moron. In fact every time I go in I tell them it's my birthday. I think they are starting to catch on. I will have to get some disguises. If you have not tried it yet, you better!!





I love Temptations cookware. Yes, that is the name of the cookware. Although it is spelled Temp-tations because you can take it from the freezer to the oven with no problemo. These ceramic cups, glasses, whatever you want to call them are the latest in the collection. I LOVE them. I don't like plastic cups because they always get a funny taste. The ceramic won't. Plus my water stayed nice and cold for quite awhile.  Sure you have to be a little more careful with ceramic then with plastic but, I am not going to go running with these. Heck I am not going to go running with anything who am I trying to kid. Thought maybe you would like em too.


Well, that is my shpil for the day. Been helping a happy hoarder pack up to move. I don't have any brain cells left to chat any longer. I mean who needs, can't live without, will just die if they don't have 48 sets of dishes with matching platters, glasses, stem ware, silverware and, toilet paper.

13 comments:

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

48 sets of dishes? And here I am still using my everyday "china" from Mikasa from the 70s when I got married!!

I'm with you on the plastic. I prefer glass to drink from with one exception. Tervis tumblers. My DIL bought me my first one couple years back and now we have several. I LOVE those!

Connie said...

I agree with Texas Roadhouse! I could fill up on the peanuts, alone!
But then I wouldn't enjoy the rolls if I left after the peanuts!

Packing a hoarder to move? Are you crazy...or just nice? Hmmm....

Mimi Sue said...

Well, I too love the Roadhouse. You always have the best tips. How to Get a Free Dessert is one of your best ideas yet! Why don't I think of these things? Mimi

Rebekah said...

wow....just wow.....

Texas Roadhouse is a favorite of ours too! I was really excited when our city down here in southern AZ had one(that's about all it has too-small, SMALL town USA). Love all their food! YUM!!!
and i am a lover of temp-tations. I have some of their bakeware (from QVC).

Debbie said...

I am laughing at the idea of the employees yipping it up. Since two of mine work at times as servers, I can't imagine them ever working somewhere they would have to sing!

Bonnie the Boss said...

You are a good woman to help!!!
I like the term Happy Hoarder.

Deanna said...

As far as I know, there are no Texas Roadhouses in my immediate area. The stix, ya know. I'll have to watch for one durinig my travels.

I don't do plastic either. Hope you are able to get the Happy Hoarder packed! Good luck with that.

Lisa Loo said...

You are supposed to have matching dishes?!

Dang it--nobody ever tells me anything........

But that does explain a lot of things.......

Valerie said...

Love me some Texas Roadhouse!

I did not know I was supposed to have matching TP! I guess I'll have to find me some...(Not sure what it's supposed to match though!)

karen said...

I've never been to Texas Roadhouse but I will do just about anything for a piece of cake. And it's FREE?? I'm there...

Garden of Egan said...

You made me hungry for a big slab of meat! I love Texas Roadhouse.
I didn't know anything about cake though. I think my hubs has been hiding information from me!

Did you just have a birthday by the way? If you did happy birthday. If you didn't, well... happy birthday anywayz.

megadog said...

I think I need to get me some of that Temp-tations cookware. Sounds amazing.

wendy said...

I used to eat at Texas Roadhouse when I lived here in Utah. Yummy!!! Love their buns.

Temptations....of nearly all kinds, usually gets the better of me.

good luck with the packing.