When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




January 18, 2011

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I Love Ya Tomorrow




Poor Papa or should I say Poo Poo.
He is spending the evening preparing for his colonoscopy in the morning.
He drank his laxatives and kept saying "nothing is happening, nothing is happening.
When he jumped to his feet and RAN to the john I assumed something was happening.
I was right.
He purchased a tube of A & D ointment  to dab on his tushy after each happening.
I told him I thought Comet would work better but, he never listens to me.
Needless to say, tonight has been a real bummer.
Yet I say, Wait until......

TOMMOROW!
With all the A & D ointment he is using that tube will slide right in.
Good luck and I hope everything comes out o.k. (Pun intended)

15 comments:

Cherie said...

Ooohhhh NO FUN! But very funny post. I hope all "goes well" - Pun also intended!

Creative Chaos in Arizona said...

Ooooohhh!!! Poor Papa, I hope everything is okay! But boy Nana.. this post sure did make me laugh!!! Thanks!!!

Rebekah said...

oh dear!!! good luck! those things are awful!!!

Lisa Loo said...

Ummmm..talk about a visual--aaahhhhhhhh!

Kristina P. said...

I am so grateful I had a stomach scope, not the other end!

Connie said...

The preparation is the worse part of the whole thing!
He's wise to have the A&D ointment!
Ouch!

Double ouch for the last picture!

Julie Harward said...

Poor guy! And that last photo makes me jump! Hope it all goes well.

Mary at Deep South Dish said...

Aw, poor guy. Hope that everything comes out okay! ;)

Grand Pooba said...

Wow. Only you would talk about your hubby's bowel movements on the world wide web! Ha!

(Poor papa. Poor papa's bum!)

karen said...

My doc keeps bugging me about getting that done, but so far I haven't been able to make the appointment. I'm waiting for my husband to go with me. A sort of couple's colonoscopy, perhaps. Thanks for your comments on my blog, and I'll be back to yours. Love your humor!

Garden of Egan said...

Poooorrrrr poooppppooooo.
Hope everything came out OK.
The prep is the worst.
The rest is thankfully forgotten.

Boy Mom said...

Ouch! It's so nice of him to give you such great blog fodder though, what a sweetie.

Emma said...

Baxter feels your pain he had to do the cleanse 2 weekends in a row. Poor kid!

Nonna Beach said...

Hilarious !!!
Just wait until YOU have to have yours...no tellin' what Papa will do to seek a little revenge !

Bonnie the Boss said...

As I get closer to that age I really am dreading it. But it is better than the alternative. I hope all went smoothly. lol