When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 8, 2011

Fiona Continued.............

I promise I won't keep boring you all with pictures of my dogs.
My kids from out of state want to see what I have gotten myself into.


She is a Great Dane Mastiff mix. A "Daniff."
My vet is very amused.



 She loves to chew and chew and poo and chew and pee and chew.



 Personally I thought Two Dot would be a good sibling or a mom figure. I am disappointed in her. REALLY!
She is the sweetest dog but, she doesn't really think Fiona is anything to write home about. For some reason as shown in yesterday's post Two Dot has a thing with the raw hide bones. Watch this sequence...



Look at that dinky bone. Two Dot has a giant one hidden under her bed. She is not about to let Fiona know the joy of raw hide.


  I don't interfere too much because these two will work it out on their own but, I was tempted to call Two Dot the" B" word. I mean she is a girl dog.


 Litte Fiona just went and grabbed her ball. She wants to be Two Dot's friend in the worst way.



Then when I saw this this afternoon I thought maybe there is hope. Except when Fiona tried to cuddle, she was blown right off the bed with a huge growl and bark. Hmpf. If you look at the picture you can see Two Dot's eyes are open. She is laying there like "Oh crap, what is happening to my life."

I knew what I was getting myself into when I brought Fiona home. This is not my first rodeo in the dog arena so to speak.  In other words I am outside trying to get Fiona to pee, or inside cleaning up pee. Training and guidance will be at the forefront. I will let you know how it goes.  Like Lisa Loo said I just didn't have enough going on so I had to throw a puppy in the mix. LOL

19 comments:

Jane's In The Jungle said...

Oh girl I so feel your pain....I've done that rodeo many times also...and now the oldest 14 yr old dog-king has decided to start with the peeing all over again...just when I've got everone potty trained, he pulled this!

Fiona is adorable....I'm thinking Two Dot is doing a little "Mirror Mirror" deal...she's gone be trying to slip her a little something behind your back...just sayin...

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Adorable post! It brought back memories of long ago. Hard as it was, I can now recall it with fondness. I know Mele is my last dog so I love to hear the puppy stories...and this was so well done.
Enjoy every moment...you will have fond memories..and photo's! Wish I had some from my past.
Hugs,
Mona

Garden of Egan said...

I thought those paws looks huge!

That first picture is priceless.
How could TwoDot be so heartless?

"Come on doggy, show some love!"

Suzann said...

Fiona is adorable!!!
Good luck with the training and I the TwoDot will come around after awhile when she sees Fiona isn't a threat.
They are both so cute I love the picture of the two of them on the doggy bed.
Suzann

Connie said...

Fiona is so cute. I just want to hold her up to my face and feel her soft skin and fur! However, I'm glad it's you and not me. No way could I handle a puppy right now!

I bet Two-Dot comes around. Good luck and have fun!

Creative Chaos in Arizona said...

Oh Fiona is just adorable. I will look forward to reading all about her antics as she grows! Two-Dot will come around eventually, Fiona is too cute for her not to! :)

Cynthia said...

Fiona is stinkin' adorable! I LOVE OTHER people's dogs! Sounds like she's gonna get pretty big. Two Dot might want to reconsider.

Julie Harward said...

That is going to be one HUGE dog..much bigger than the other one. My daughter just went through two of these dogs, same breed, they both died even after having all the med's they should have. I sure hope you have good luck with this one. :D

The Wolf Pack said...

AWWWW so lucky!!! I LOVE Great Danes I would never get another dog EVER!!! Mastiff are sweet dog too!! I think two dot is just letting her know "Hey you might be going to be bigger then me…but I rule this house"

Emma said...

Very cute!!! Our cats are having the same reaction to Sally. She is bigger however!! Can't wait to see princess Fiona this summer!!!

Lisa Loo said...

Fiona has definitely got a case of the puppycutes as we call them at our house.

But that look Two Dots has on the dog bed is PRICELESS!!!

Hey--look at me--I'm quote-able!

Stephanie Faris said...

Awww. I love doggy pics.

karen said...

Fiona is so cute it makes me tempted to get a puppy - but what would I do with a puppy when I have to work? So you see it wouldn't work, but I'm always tempted. And you're right - Two Dot will come around. She's just showing Fiona who's boss. They'll be inseparable in a bit.

Nonna Beach said...

Sweet dogs and you are a very brave woman...don't give up on the dogs bonding. They have a pack mentality and usually the dominate man of the house (Papa) is who they recognize as the leader. Two Dot will follow whoever is leader and bond with Fiona eventually...just give them both time.

Deanna said...

So sweet. They will work it out and become best buddies. I'm sure of that!

Valerie said...

Awww...she's a cutie!
I'm sure you have lots of adventures ahead with the two of them.

wendy said...

I love FIONA and the other dog. I know how they just worm their way into your hearts no matter how much they poop, and pee and chew and pee.
Our dog trained really fast and thank goodness for that. she is so big.
We have a doggy bag just like the one you showed the dogs sleeping one. Ours chewed/broke the zipper. grrrrrr (that was ME not her)
how BIG is she going to get

Debbie said...

She is cute! I bet you will make lots of great memories with her.

Mimi Sue said...

She's adorable! We've been thinking of getting another dog because the one we have left is awfully lonesome when we leave. She's 14 years old! Do I want another puppy headache? Can't decide what to do. Fiona's gonna be one huge dog! Mimi