When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




February 23, 2011

Izzy, Chloe, and, Fiona

Chloe and Izzy are bff's. Born only four months apart they have been great pals from the get go. The thing that warms my heart when they get together is the patience, love and compassion Izzy shows towards her cousin. In return she receives huge smiles, giggles and pure joy from Chloe.

Izzy is the protective leader. She pushes Chloe to try new things. These pictures are just one example.
To say Chloe dislikes animals is an understatement!!!!! Something about them strikes a fear in her that she just cannot overcome.....YET.

With Izzy's example and daddy's coaxing we got her to pet Fiona.
Fiona is asleep but, hey we will take what we can get.


 This moment in time is a little miracle.



I love this picture. Look at her taking her little hand and touching Fiona's paw.


Awww. Izzy is telling her she can do it.


Izzy is already completely in love with Fiona. Izzy and her mommy and daddy and brother took care of Fiona and Two Dot while Papa and I went to San Francisco.

Fiona didn't want me to go. Ha ha I found her like this while I was getting ready. I did go though, and I was a little worried about how it would effect Fiona but, she did great. Thanks to Jamie and Aisha. ( and Izzy and Tonio) I think having Two Dot with her helped also. Our trip was so much fun. More grand kids to see and  more on that later.

11 comments:

karen said...

I love puppies - they smell SO GOOD! I'm always tempted to get one, but for now those days are behind me. They make the old man sneeze.

Julie Harward said...

What a darling moment...very sweet! :D

Anne Fannie said...

Grandkids are the best!

Jane's In The Jungle said...

Those pictures are adorable!!!!
And confess....you put Fiona up to sleeping on the suitcase!!!!

Deanna said...

The girls have grown so much since I first started following your blog. So sweet. Fears are hard to overcome but I'll bet with Izzy's help, Chloe will accomplish it. Love San Francisco. I'll bet you had a great time. Love those grandkids too!

Connie said...

Looks like Izzy and Chloe are good friends. Glad you were able to get away! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Bonnie the Boss said...

The pic of her sleeping on your suitcase is adorable. And what a wonderful friend Izzy is. What a blessing to all of you those cute girls must be.

Grand Pooba said...

Ok, I just went and read all your Fiona posts, how did I miss this? You got a Daniff!?!?!?!? Those are the best of both worlds!

If you remember I had a Great Dane and a Mastiff and absolutely loved both of them!

Ok, if you won't bake me cookies to get me to come over I will take Fiona as a plea from you that I need to come visit.

Yeah, I just invited myself over. That just happened.

Lisa Loo said...

LOVE the photos! Talk about pictures that speak a thousand words! Mmmm--love me some puppy love and puppy breath.....

Garden of Egan said...

Those are such cute pictures. It is so hard to be brave sometimes! That is a seriously cute pup!

I love when the grandkids come cuz it's fun to watch them be good friends.

I hope you went someplace warm!

Nonna Beach said...

Sweet grandkids !What a great family you have...and San Francisco...love that place !