When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




April 13, 2011

Celebrations and Milestones


My birthday is on the 7th. My son Oby's is on the 11th.


Papa and I celebrate our anniversary on the 10th. April is a busy month.
When Oby was growing up he would tell people he was born the day after Papa and I got married.
The picture above is us laughing it up on my nana's couch. I think it was Christmas. Those pants I have on are pink corduroy.

As you can see we laughed a lot and still do.
I remember exactly what we were laughing at in this photo.
My dad was taking our engagement pictures. If you notice my right arm looks as if it is going into the swat position. Papa was talking a little dirty. I will spare you. I also was dying because my dad was right there.
He was on a ladder in the middle of a creek but, he STILL was right there.
We too are in the middle of the creek, standing on a huge icy rock. I'll have to post our engagement pic. one day.
Well this was our 30th wedding anniversary.
Four kids and eight grand kids later I still am crazy about that guy!
Tara made a darling video of us through the years. I can't figure out how to get it to my blog. I know I am a dork.
If you are interested go to Tara's and take a look.  Thanks Tara!
I love the stuff she puts together for us.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday! I love that engagement picture!

Julie Harward said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday...I watched the video, it was so great! Some of your younger pictures look a bit like me at that age! Wonderful moments to be celebrating! :D

Rebekah said...

Congrats on the anniversary and happy birthday (late). Have a great month of fun!!!!

Connie said...

Happy birthday and anniversary! Love the pictures. You were beautiful then and you're beautiful now. Love the pink corduroy pants. I'll check out the video.

Barbaloot said...

What fun celebrations! You are rocking those pink corduray like crazy. Love it.

Lisa Loo said...

Happy Everything! You all crack me up. I think I had the sister pants to those pink ones except they were a bright 80's teal--woot-woot!

Grand Pooba said...

I already said this over on Tara's Blog but it needs repeating...


Papa has put up with you for 30 years???!!!


Shouldn't he get some sort of award for that?

Heather Matthews said...

Sorry for contacting you through your comments section but I couldn't find an email address on your blog. We found your blog and thought you would enjoy our new website www.MommyGiggles.com.

Mommy Giggles is a site where moms submit funny pictures to share with other moms to get a giggle out of. They can either be pictures of their kids or of other hilarious “mommy moments”

We are contacting you to see if you have a funny picture that we could post – we would of course give you the credit, and also post your blog (if you want). There is also a $25 Amazon Gift card drawing to everyone who submits a photo each month.

We also would appreciate if you could spread the word about our site to other moms too!

We hope you will get a “giggle” out of our site.

Warmest Regards,

Heather Matthews & Heidi Werry

Email Us A Picture - mommygiggles@comcast.net
Like Us On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mommy-Giggles/180580521989697
Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/MommiGiggles