When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




September 18, 2011

Two Dot Continued.....

She loved being wrapped in a towel after her bath.
What a diva.

As you know Two Dot has passed. Yes, I am having a rough time.
I wanted to tell you the rest of the story about what happened with her because as a dog owner I think we must be responsible and make some very tough decisions when we need to.

Monday morning I had a man here setting some tile. Two Dot bit him.
I don't know what went on in her head.
I know it was not provoked.
I know it was very scary, for all concerned.
(even Two Dot, she sat and shook afterwards, of course that could have been because she saw my reaction to the whole thing)

This man had to go to the hospital and be stitched up. He is fine and feels terrible about the whole mess.
He is a dog lover too.

I was a wreck after this happened and frankly went in my room and prayed. Prayed that this man would be o.k., prayed that I could calm down. Prayed for answers as what I should do with Two Dot.
I got an immediate answer as what I should do with the dog.
I didn't like this particular answer.
I rationalized.
I could keep her in her kennel when people came over.
I wouldn't even let her outside w/o a leash.
It was a one time thing. There had been someone in our yard the night before and it really upset Two Dot, she was just still on high alert.
I walked out of the house to turn on the water for the garden when the bite happened and it made her nervous so she bit him, she was guarding our house.
Anyway, none of this sat right with me, so I prayed again.
Still didn't like the answer.
I asked Papa to pray.
Didn't like his answer. Neither did Papa.
When God tells you something though you better do it.
I couldn't say thank you God for listening and answering me but you know, I didn't like what you had to say so I am going to do things my way.
Animal control was involved in this whole situation also. When someone has to go to the hospital because of a dog bite they are forced to file a complaint. It's a good thing.
Normally the dog owner must have the dog quarantined for 10 days. However, since I was voluntarily putting her to sleep, and had all of her shot verifications they came and got her, put her to sleep and then took the blood sample from her that they needed to prove she did not make a rabies transfer.
 ( is that the longest sentence ever?)
Animal control was very kind to me. They actually expedited this for me because I told them that knowing I was going to euthanize her and them not releasing her for the euthanizing was agony.
It is law that you cannot put down your animal if they have bitten someone in the last 15 days.
Animal control has to release the animal in order to do so.
This was an awful thing.
It has been an awful week.
We miss her terribly.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Making the best choice, God's choice is not always easy. But this is up there with one of the hard ones. Only God knows what you might have been spared. In any case, may you receive your crown in heaven for a choice you never intended on having to make. I pray your family heal as well as the man who was bit.

Connie said...

Oh, dear! What a tragic story! I'm sure your heart is breaking. I feel so bad that you had to go through this with your faithful friend. May you feel some comfort as the days go by.

KelleyAnne said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sending prayers your way. X0

Blog JustOneCoolBlog said...

Hello! Have you ever been involved a situation when a person has stolen any of your articles? Many thanks in advance for your answer.