When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




September 14, 2011

Two Dot


Two Dot loved her beds. We have three of them and well, she loved them all.


Bear Lake this past Summer. Other than home this was her favorite place.


Our morning walks did her in for the rest of the day. lol


Nine years ago I decided I needed another dog, a canine companion to walk the hills with. A dog that would guard my home and watch over our family.
I researched Alapaha Blue Blood Bull dogs and decided this was the breed for me.
I found two funny little ladies in Ohio. These two bred Alapaha's. They were extremely diligent in keeping the breed clean, loved the breed to the point of strange eccentricity. At times I totally appreciated this weirdness in these funny ladies. When they told me Two Dot's lineage went back to the Mayflower I totally appreciated their eccentricity. (Yes, they could back up their info.)
When they wouldn't allow Two Dot on a plane to my home, I DID NOT appreciate their strange ways.
They felt she would not be safe on a plane and would not allow me to buy her from them if that was my mode of transport go get her from them to me.
I had to hire a dog Taxi. (Yes, there is such a thing.)
Two Dot and her sister Annie were transported from Ohio to Utah via dog taxi. I have to add that my two breeder friends thought it very amusing that Two Dot would now be a Mormon.
Annie went to live with my brother. Two Dot stayed with us.
They came in January. Papa did not like the timing element here because I was supposed to go with him to Las Vegas on business. (monkey business) Anyway...
I stayed home with the puppy and Papa resented her for years. ha ha ha That cracks me up. He actually said that to me once.
Two Dot was easy to train, except she had an urge to take off once in a while. Especially when it snowed. She loved to run and run and run in the snow. This made me furious, you know when she would take off, wandering the streets. She always would meander home when she had sniffed out the neighborhood and needed a nap.
The neighbors did not like her little jaunts and I can't say that I blame them, she looked like a tank. As the years went by she finally learned she better listen to me. It actually took a shock collar but, whatever works is my motto.
She loved to try and get my cat Goldie who died almost a year ago. Goldie would swipe her across the nose with her claws every time. Needless to say Two Dot always had a big swipe across her snout.
Two Dot did not like strangers but, if I would allow someone in my home and tell her to go lay on her bed and be quiet, that's what she would do.
Sometimes there would be a low growl going on for a minute or two then she would calm down.
The grand kids could pull her, sit on her, ride her.....etc. She loved them.
She loved to give big hugs and lots of wet (yucky) kisses. When my dad could still get out of the house she thoroughly enjoyed visiting with him.
I trusted her with my life.
Two Dot died this afternoon
I miss her terribly!!!!!
I will post the rest of the story later...
for now Good bye dear friend.




7 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, Nana. I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you and your family.

Two Dot must have been a great friend.

Garden of Egan said...

I'm so sorry. There is such a place in our hearts for those gorgeous creatures. I love their personalities. I've enjoyed reading various posts about Two Dot.
I'm sorry.

Kristina P. said...

Aww, this is so sad! It's so sad to lose a beloved pet. I'm so sorry.

wendy said...

breaks my heart.......our pets becomes so special, and truly a huge part of our lives
just like a kid
their personalities
quirks
sloppy kisses
things that drive us nuts
YET we love them dearly

We have only had our dog for a year now, and I can't imagine not having her around already.
Two Dot (the Mormon dog, made me giggle) will be missed terribly I can tell

Cherie said...

I was so enjoying the story of Two Dot. What a wonderful dog.
I am so sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly part of our families.

Anonymous said...

Well that just made me cry.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from Kris Berrett Spevak.