When humor goes, there goes civilization. ~Erma Bombeck




March 2, 2012

Carrot Coconut Soup


I will be honest with you.
I LOVE this soup.
Papa however, says it is alright.
I have been trying to find some healthier recipes and I LOVE this one.

 Let me know if you agree.

This soup is also rich in vitamin A

Here goes:

1 large onion
1 to 2 TBS. canola oil
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth (I use chicken)
2 TBS. fresh ginger, grated
4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. curry powder
2 cups sliced carrots
1 cup sweet potato cut into cubes
5 oz. can of coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Chop onion. Heat oil in a medium soup pot. Saute onion in oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and ginger and continue to saute for another minute. Add curry powder and mix well with onions. Add broth, carrots, and sweet potato and simmer on medium high until all vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add coconut milk. Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full at a time. Add salt and pepper to taste. Return to soup pot and reheat.
Serves 4

3 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

I've never heard of such a soup.
It sounds sorta delicious.

wendy said...

I love soup
I LOVE coconut
so I better make this..right??

Connie said...

I think it sounds good.. I'll have to try it.